Heartworm Prevention Day!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Heartworms can be FATAL! Yikes!
- Heartworms are spread by mosquitoes and here in Florida the mosquitoes never go away...so get your dog on prevention ASAP!
- You can purchase heartworm prevention right here at Operation Spay Bay if we have examined your pet within the last year and they have a negative heartworm test.
- We're dedicating Wednesday, December 21st to heartworm prevention! Please read the FAQ for details.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Do I need an appointment?
- Yes, and we have plenty available. The online scheduler will not work for this special day so make sure you call us at 850-215-1022 or come to the clinic to make your appointment. Our phones are crazy every day so leave us a message if we don't get to the phone and we'll call you back ASAP!
- We will see patients from 7:30am - 2:00 pm.
- What costs will be associated with my pet's visit?
- Brief Exam for discounted rate of $15. Additional pets are $10.
- You may request a full exam - $20 for the first pet and $10 for each additional pet.
- Rabies vaccination for $10. If your pet is current with his/her rabies vaccination, you must bring documentation from the veterinarian who provided it. If the rabies was given here, we can look that up for you!
- Heartworm test FREE if you buy 6 months of prevention. If you want to buy fewer than 6 months, the heartworm test is $15.
$90 *get free heartworm test when you purchase 6-month supply!
$36 *get free heartworm test when you purchase 6-month supply!
- Does my pet have to have an exam?
- If we have examined your pet in the last year and he/she has been on prevention they do not have to another exam.
- If we have NOT seen your pet in the last year, they will need to have an exam to receive prevention.
- Does my pet have to have a heartworm test in order for me to purchase prevention?
- If your pet is 7 months or older and has NOT been on prevention, we will need to do a test.
- If your pet is under 1 year old and HAS been on prevention, you can purchase more prevention here until they are 1 year old, at which time they will need to be tested annually.
- If your pet HAS had a negative heartworm test in the last year and has been on prevention, you must bring proof of this and we can dispense more prevention.
- If your pet is 1 year or older and has NOT had a negative heartworm test within the last year, we will need to do a test in order to dispense prevention.
- Do you sell flea prevention as well?
kills adults for 24 hours (not a preventative)
- I still have unanswered questions. Can you answer them?
- Totally! Give us a call at 850-215-1022. Our phones are crazy every day so leave us a message if we don't get to the phone and we'll call you back ASAP!